Winter Study is not a separate term for board purposes; the first part of it (Jan 3-14, 2023) is part of fall board and the last part of it (Jan 15-26, 2023) is part of spring board.
Winter Study Rebates
- Students who will be off-campus as an official part of a project for a period of at least 10 consecutive calendar days during the semester(s) that they have a board plan are eligible for a rebate. To apply for a rebate students need to complete and electronically submit the Winter Study Rebate Form by noon on Friday, December 16, 2022. Dining Services will verify information with the student’s faculty sponsor.
- The first part of Winter Study occurs during fall board (Jan 3-14, 2023).
- The last part of Winter Study occurs during spring board (Jan 15-26, 2023).
- Rebates are calculated on a per day basis as follows:
- $16.17 for full board plan
- $13.73 for 14 meal plan
- $ 6.52 for 5 meal plan
- Winter Study Rebates are given at the end of February/beginning of March.
- Students may choose to have their rebate as a term account credit or points added to their ID card. Points are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Students who choose a term account credit may request a check for any resulting credit balance on their term account by contacting the Office of Student Financial Services after the credit balance appears on their statement.
- Students who have questions about how a rebate may affect their financial aid package should contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
Note: The Winter Study Rebate Form is no longer available because the deadline has passed.
Fall Study Away Students
Once your fall study away status is confirmed, campus registration systems automatically turn off your fall meal plan in order to prevent a full semester board charge from occurring on your fall term bill. Your fall board hiatus requires that you select a returning meal plan by completing our Returning from Study Away Meal Plan Enrollment Form by November 25, 2022. You may select the same meal plan that you were on before or a different plan, as long as you’ll meet the eligibility requirements for that plan when you return. You may find more detailed information on meal plans and eligibility requirements on our Meal Plans page.
It’s important to note that Winter Study is not a separate term for board; the first part of it (Jan 3-14, 2023) is part of fall board and the last part of it (Jan 15-26, 2023) is part of spring board. If you’ll be returning to campus before spring board begins on January 15, 2023, we’ll pro-rate your fall board charges by multiplying the daily rate for the plan you choose by the number of days that you’re here. 50 Meal Blocks will be charged at full cost of $828.
2022-2023 Daily Board Rates
- 21 Meal Plan $32.33
- 14 Meal Plan $27.47
- 5 Meal Plan $13.03
Your returning meal plan will automatically transfer to spring on January 15, 2023, for which you’ll receive a full spring semester board charge.
If you’ll arrive after spring board begins on January 15, 2023, then you’ll receive no pro-rated fall board charges and a full spring semester board charge.
If you wish to change your returning meal plan selection after you submit the form or arrive on campus, you may do so during spring change week (February 6-10, 2023).
Spring Study Away Students
Your fall board plan will be left on until your scheduled departure date. You’ll be charged a fall semester board charge and also for the meals you eat during spring board (Jan 15, 2023-departure date). If you have paid for a fall board plan and are departing for spring study away before Jan 5, 2023 then you should complete a Winter Study Rebate Form.
Academic Year Study Away Students
After you’re accepted into your study away program, our systems automatically turn off your fall and spring board plan in order to prevent board charges from occurring on your term bill. You may select your fall 2023 board plan in your PeopleSoft account during open enrollment, which will begin on July 1, 2023. You may change your selection as many times as you wish before open enrollment ends on August 31, 2023.
Email us at [email protected] You may also contact Allison Stitcher at [email protected] or (413) 597-3137.